Frequently Asked Questions
REAL Single Moms is a community organization with Biblical Values. We believe that true transformation comes from being in a relationship with Jesus Christ.
If you have a single mom to refer to REAL please email [email protected] with the mother’s information. We will then reach out to her directly.
We would love to have you join our community. Please email [email protected] so we can send you our Events Calendar. Our closed Facebook page, REAL Single Moms Online Community, is a great place for you to join in on conversations, receive prayer and encouragement, and share community resources.
We would love to have you as a part of the team! There are several ways to volunteer, if you are interested in any of the following please email [email protected] expressing your interest in serving. We will then reach out to you.
- Event Liaisons: These volunteers assist with helping to set up workshops and other events, assist with food and drink refills, and assist with tear down.
- LEAD Small Group Leaders: These volunteers host a small group of moms one day a month of their choosing. This can be a weeknight or a weekend. The group can meet at locations in the metro or in the host’s home. The purpose of these gatherings are conversation, fellowship, encouragement, and growth in mind, body, spirit, and family.
- Welcome Team: These volunteers serve as greeters to all our moms during our Workshops and events. The goal is for each mom to be warmly welcomed.
- Check-In & New Mom Welcome: These volunteers are responsible for checking moms in, helping with name tags, providing New Moms with a welcome packet, and directing moms to their meeting place.
Thank you for considering making a contribution to REAL Single Moms! Please visit realsinglemoms.org and click on donate or you may text DONATE REALMOMS to 609-212-0627.
When you give to REAL Single Moms you are helping to provide tools and community for the families in REAL to grow in mind, body, spirit, and family. Your giving directly funds our Workshops, Community Gatherings, and the creation of our duplication process.
REAL Single Moms is not a start to finish program. We come alongside single moms for the long run. Moms can join at anytime.
REAL Single Moms is currently funded by individual donors and organizational partnerships.
REAL Oklahoma partners with Spontaneity Kid Care for childcare, ages 0-12, at NO COST the mother for all Workshops and LEAD Small Groups.
REAL LA offers FREE childcare on site at Oasis Church for ages 0-12.
Teenagers are welcome to attend Workshops, LEAD Small Groups, and Monthly Gatherings with their mother.
There are a variety of challenges a single mother faces on a day to day basis. These include but are not limited to the following: Feelings of being unworthy, unwanted, and inadequate. They struggle with their identity. Financial burden and not being able to financially support their children. Feelings of loneliness. They experience depression and anxiety. Trauma. Hopelessness. They feel as though they have lost control over their lives and what happens to them. They go through unhealthy boundaries and much more. REAL’s mission is to come alongside the single mother to help with growth in these areas.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team. There are four ways an organization or church can partner with REAL.
- Through regular referrals of single moms in their community.
- Through monetary donations and grants made to REAL.
- Through their community volunteering within REAL.
- Through hosting a Monthly Gathering or LEAD Small Group.